20 April 2011

Under Oath

Reading: Zen & the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance by Robert Pirsig

Omnibus 105 officially sworn-in
As of today, Omnibus 105 is officially sworn in a Peace Corps Volunteers, which means we are all now defenders of the United States of America. You can take that as sarcastically as you see fit. I'm leaving for Guayas tonight and will officially start as a volunteer in my site tomorrow. That being said, leaving my host family here in Tumbaco as well as the rest of the group is going to be much harder then it was leaving the states. Welcome round two of culture shock.



On that note, my impulses decided that the best way to over come my anxiety about my site was to buy a kitten to take with me. So let me introduce you to Denali, the only other speaker of English in Chimbo.

Meet Denali
Also, I have a new address that I can get to those of you who want it... Letters and coffee are always appreciated. My internet will be spotty, as in non-existent, until I figure out where the closest internet cafe and/or wireless is... and I posted some more photos, mostly of Quito.

3 comments:

  1. Did Denali come home again?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful - it looks like she enjoys almonds. Are you raising her vegan?

    ReplyDelete