25 May 2011

Fun Facts

Reading: Harry Potter & the Chamber of Secrets

1. I’m rereading all of the Harry Potter books, including Quidditch Through the Ages and Fantastic Beasts & Where to Find Them.
2. Katherine Hanson is getting married this weekend!
Milena (11), Moises (9) and Belen (8)
3. It’s been 5 years since I graduated from high school and a year now since I graduated from college… weird considering that my closest friends at the moment are 8, 9 and 11…
4. My shower that used to simply function more or less as a hose to fill up buckets for bucket baths suddenly has enough pressure to function like an actual shower… that being said, I decided to add this fact while showering after swimming in the river and mid-shower, my water complete disappeared… so this might not actually be a fun fact, we’ll see what happens tomorrow…
5. I figured out where all of our water comes from finally. Like I feared, it’s from the very dirty Rio Chimbo, which I swim in on a very regular basis.
6. Considering this, among other things, I’m 99% sure that I have amoebas.
7. This might explain my newfound love of Oreos. By love, we’re talking I could probably eat a whole box in a sitting.
8. Number of Photo Booth photos on my computer before Ecuador: 13
9. Number of Photo Booth photos now, thanks to the kids at my site: 212
10. I think I may have solved the problem of ants taking over Denali’s food. I think she really appreciates being able to eat without them biting her nose but I’m not sure if the chemicals in the bug repelling incents that I’ve encircled her bowl with will be good for her...
11. Number of bats Denali has killed: 0. Epic fail.
12. Numbers of bats I have killed since moving to Chimbo: 27. Boom daddy.
13. I have decided that I’m not cut out for teaching classes where the average age is less then 10.
14. Fifth most played song on my iTunes: Mi Niña Bonita by Chino & Nacho. Quite possibly the worst catchy song ever.
15. Number of bingos I have attended: 6 with another planned for this weekend
16. Number of gardens started: 5 with at least two more planned
17. It’s been well over a month since I’ve had a glass of wine or even a beer for that matter…
18. Did I mention that Katherine is getting married this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment