23 July 2012

Nine Things

Reading: Hospital by Julie Salamon

Capuchin monkey, MisahuallĂ­
1. Some how my blog has become famous... as in, it's on some random website unbeknown to me. But that's cool, I'll take it. So check out #22. (Ignore the fact that my name is spelled wrong, or as I like to think, the Spanish way. That silent 'h' really isn't necessary)

2.  The best gratification for a very last minute environmental ed. lesson plan is to rush out of your house only to learn that school has been let out early today. Praise be to exam week! I should have assumed as such, considering that next weeks marks the start of Paccha's founding fiestas. Who has time to study during founding fiestas?

3. The newest issue of El Clima is out... or has been out for a month now. You can check it out on the El Clima page above. Along with all the back issues since my time in Ecuador.

4. Month of Visitors has been extended to July as rumors have it that the one and only Dave Reilly and company will be some where in this glorious country very soon. Details pending.

5. In approximately one month (y pica), Ian and I will be hiking the Inca Trail. Unless something goes completely awry, the trip will also include visiting Machu Picchu.

6. The xx, the Avett Brothers, Corb Lund, and Cat Power are all coming out with new albums ya mismo. Hurray for new music and living in a country without piracy or copyright laws.

7. I some how skipped over the two days I spent in Tena before Mary Rae went back to the States. Highlights included but are not limited to: Jumandy Caverns, monkeys, the first encounter of baby corn in Ecuador, two storey discotecas, and quality time with good friends. 

8. I think I have ringworm. Or some sort of something that is growing on my skin. Thankfully the Peace Corps medkit comes equipped with anitfungal cream, which I have been using liberally. The trials and tribulations of life in the tropics.

9.  After an epic fail of an attempt to make popcorn last night, I successfully made a popped a whole pot full today on the stove. No mircowave, no Jiffy Pop. Thank you, Peace Corps, for giving me the opportunity to add this to my list of life skills. I will forever be in your debt.

Monkey play is serious play.

No comments:

Post a Comment