15 December 2011

Mangos, Marathons and Bailes! Must be Christmas?

Reading: Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry

Okay, so for a hodge-podge of blogging, as I have no real way of weaving this into one cohesive post...

First, I've joined this folkloric dance group and we had a first competition and second performance... I have tons of pictures and I'm working on uploading videos, but youtube is so slow it's ridic... but here's one, minus the last two minutes (the women taping gave up the camera to join the dance... so it ended up in two parts)


Second, I ran my first half marathon with Jordan and two other PCVs for a group that's raising money to help protect Yasuní National Park. There's nothing better then ending a 13 mile run on one of the most beautiful beaches in Ecuador.

AND, perhaps the most important part of this whole post: IT'S MANGO SEASON! (And the rainy season.) So although I will not be having a white Christmas this year, I am looking forward to freshly fallen mangos outside my front door each morning. Nothing to complain about there either.

La Mata de Mango, aka my house address. Look at all those beautiful mangos


No comments:

Post a Comment