20 January 2012

Attack of the Worms!

Reading: the Shining by Stephen King

My house is being infiltrated by worms. No exaggeration.

Everywhere I turn they are crawling on my walls, on my floor, in my bathroom, and in my bedroom (so far they have spared my kitchen counter, but that's still cockroach territory.) If I was ever to to write a horror story, it would be based off of these worms, where one of the chilling effects would be having the reader really feel the crunching sound they make when squished. The story would have to involve a hefty amount of embellishment, however, because I am almost certain these worms are harmless.
Annelida invader
Regardless, since the rains have finally started, the worms have been pouring into my house. I almost feel guilty as I have reacted to their coming with an all out blood bath on these rain refugees (do worms even have blood?) At first it was a bit careless - I hadn't figured out that you need to squish close to the head, otherwise they're apt to drag their half dead bodies with them on their unclear quest through my cement wasteland.

These days, my killing methods are more practiced and with practice comes perfect, right? I mean, I've killed just while writing this post... I have a handy nail head that I keep within easy access, I've honed my squishing location, and I sweep my house more frequently to get ride of the numerous worm carcasses. But, even more, I've become desensitized to the distinct crunching sound each murder makes. Some may call it heartlessness, I like to think of it as adapting.

1 comment:

  1. Are you trying to discourage me from visiting you at your site? Because it's not going to work. On an entirely unrelated note, do you have any oil for frying things, or should I bring some when I come?

    ReplyDelete