15 September 2011

House Remodeling

Reading: With God on Their Side: George Bush and the Christian Right by Ester Kaplan

So just because I know that all my lovely followers are ever so curious as to what kind of remodeling I have been doing with my cement shell of a house, I figured I would humor your all and post some pictures. Basically, I just painted the walls, which has been a world of difference in making things feel more homey. But I also, finished the kitchen, so I now have running water in the sink, I put down tile (d.i.y.) and invested in a used fridge and mini-stove top. It’s almost like having a real kitchen. I also cleaned out the spare bedroom, which my host family had been using for junk storage and took down the weird children’s toys hanging on the walls and replaced them with maps of the US and Ecuador. Oh, and I built a porch off the front to hang a hammock under. I’m planning on doing the same out back to cover some future worm beds…



Outside, before
Outside, after

Sala, before
Sala, after
Bedroom, before
Bedroom, after
 



Bathroom, before (it hasn't improved much)
Kitchen with the kitchen decor that a 6th grader made for me
Spare room


1 comment:

  1. Take advantage of these new technologies for your whole house remodel, and you'll lower your long-term costs associated with powering your home.

    House Plans

    ReplyDelete